Sausage Party Slot: Overview
Fans of features or sausages will be all over the new slot, Sausage Party, from Blueprint Gaming. The game is absolutely rammed with them and overflows with bonus games, modifiers, and processed meat – the works. Fans of adult animated movies will instantly recognise it, but for the benefit of others, Sausage Party is a branded slot of the movie of the same name. Something of an underground hit, Sausage Party, is the highest-grossing R rated animated film of all time, surpassing even South Park in earnings. A slightly bizarre film, it stands to reason that the slot version should be equally offbeat. Safe to say Blueprint has risen to the occasion and pulled out all the stops to capture the spirit of the movie.
The madness might not be so apparent at first glance. After a warm animated intro, what greets players is a fairly straight forward looking slot with 5 reels and 3 rows. The game is set inside Shopwell supermarket and is full of characters, animations, and cutscenes, lifted straight out of the film. Fans will love it, those that haven’t, on the other hand, won’t have a clue what’s going on. But that’s okay, even if the whole thing seems a bit barmy, don’t worry, Sausage Party can still be a whole lot of fun. Blueprint has done a good job of squeezing everything they could from the film and jamming it all into their slot like an overstuffed sausage.
In spite of it’s over the top premise, the gameplay is still simple. To constitute a winner, players are required to land combos of three or more of a kind on any of the 20 fixed paylines. The symbols are big and cartoonlike, with the J-A royals reminiscent of the colour scheme used in The Goonies. Premiums are mostly food items from the film including Sammy Bagel Jr, Lavash, Brenda, and Frank. The highest paying regular symbol is the Logo with five of them giving you 25 times the stake. Unlike the rest of the bunch, you only need two logo symbols on a payline for a payout. Moreover, the wild symbol is worth the same as the Logo and also substitutes for any other standard symbol except the scatter.
Getting in on the Sausage Party requires selecting the appropriate stake. There is a wide range on offer from 0.10 c/p per spin the low side, or as high as 200 €/£ for the high rollers. A newly introduced feature is the so called Power Play option. This can be activated at an additional cost of x1 the bet. When active, a win of x5 or more lets players spin a bottle for another win multiplier, or better yet, the possibility of triggering a bonus feature.
Checking the inner workings we find an RTP rating of 95.95% which is decent. This goes hand in hand with a medium to high volatility math model which plays well with the large number of features on hand.
Sausage Party Slot: Features
Sausage Party is a lively game up there with the busiest of Blueprint’s branded slots. All in all, there are 6 features and 6 modifiers, so strap in as we plough through them. On any spin in the base game, The Immortals can be triggered at random and bring one of these modifiers with them:
- Skin on Wilds – Wilds overlay the reels and turn symbols into wilds.
- Mighty Douche Colossal Reels – While the reels spins, 3 adjacent reels can be combined into one Colossal Reel.
- Frank’s Hot Dog Wilds – Any of the reels can be stacked with wilds.
- Touching Tips – Mystery symbols land and display the same chosen symbol in each position.
- Bath Salts Boost – More positions become available for the Bonus symbol can appear.
- Keen as F%$*in’ Mustard – A big winning spin is guaranteed to land.
If that wasn’t enough, 2 more modifiers can launch after any losing spin. In one, a knife slices across the reels rearranging them into a win. The second is a brush and dustpan that can do the same thing.
Now, there are also 6 different bonus games on offer here. Since there are a lot to cover, this might be a bit of a highlight reel. To trigger the bonus, at least 3 scatter symbols must land in view anywhere on the reels. Once triggered, an animated clip is played in which players get a sausage eye view of a shopping trolley as the 6 features pass by overhead before coming to a stop on one of them. Next, you can collect the feature, or gamble it for a chance to upgrade your feature just like in many of Blueprint’s previous releases. The bonuses are:
- Still Fresh Bonus – Players choose sausages on a shelf to survive the round. If they aren’t removed and do survive, they add a random amount to the win total. This continues until the chosen sausages are dumped in the bin, and the round win is paid out, or they trigger another feature.
- The (Not So) Great Beyond Bonus – Players pick food items which reveal a Cash value, Double Win or Collect. The game plays out, racking up wins and doubles until the collect is revealed. It is possible to reveal Barry which triggers another feature.
- Getting Juiced Free Spins – Free spins are awarded, and the game introduces the Douche Special Wild and 4 new character symbols. Whenever the Douche lands, he collects the values from the new 4 symbols. When the free spins are used up, a Super Douche symbol appears on reels 1-4 with reel 5 changed to empty spaces. If the Super Douche lands, then he can award more bonus games, if they land on the fifth reel.
- Bread Bashing Free Spins – If Bagel and Lavash symbols land at the same time they are turned wild. When the spins run out, jars hover over the screen and players must pick one. Jars can reveal Collect which ends the feature, Extra Spins which adds more spins with Bagel and Lavash always wild. Or, The Greater Beyond can be triggered.
- Bun in the Oven Free Spins – Free spins are awarded where Frank and Brenda symbols are Wild and 3 positions high. If both types of symbols land at the same time, they create Frenda Wild, which comes with an x2 multiplier. At the end of free spins, players pick an item which can reveal Collect which ends the feature, Retrigger, or trigger The Even Greater Beyond feature.
- The Even Greater Beyond Bonus – Players rack up total bet multipliers (the top one is a 500x cash prize) until the Stop (X) is landed and the feature comes to an end.
Sausage Party Slot: Verdict
Sausage is not one of those branded slots that relies heavily on familiarity to provide thrills. Keeping up the tradition of their growing list of branded slots that also include Beavis and Butthead, Mars Attacks!, Thundercats, and The Goonies, Blueprint has gone to town with the branding and crammed in as much of the film as possible. Funnily enough, it’s not complete overkill. What makes the game work so well is all of the smaller touches such as the side animations, the cutscenes and the random features that makes for a busy slot. Sausage Party nails the small details that give it charisma while piling on the juicy stuff via its many features.
There is reason why Sausage Party become such a successful movie and Blueprint have channeled its humour perfectly. The game bursts with charm and personality and has the goods to entertain fans of the film as well as those who haven’t seen it.