Jurassic Park Slot (Microgaming): Overview
Anyone who was alive and of age in the 90s will surely remember the release of the Jurassic Park movie. It was one of the greatest films to ever grace cinema screens back then and remains as a total classic today. Then again, who doesn’t like a good dose of dinosaurs stomping along the screen causing chaos? Fortunately, you can actually relive all of the fun and ferocity of the film by playing the Microgaming slot of the same name.
There’s plenty to like about this game, which utilises a 5-reel, 3-row game engine in action for you to experience along with a total of 243 ways to win. While these particular parts of the slot are fixed, you’ll find that you can alter the wager with the possibility of placing a bet between 30 cents and 15 € per spin.
Now, Microgaming is very much well-known for its ability to provide slots with superior graphics, and Jurassic Park isn’t a game that deviates from this. There’s a background which takes you right into the jungles of the park in question, while symbols upon the reels are crisp and of the highest quality. The first five of these come in the form of different dinosaurs, which are the Dilophosaurus, Brachiosaurus, Triceratops, Velociraptor and Tyrannosaurus Rex, the latter being the most rewarding, giving you 5 times your stake for a 5 of a kind combination. Then come four symbols of characters from the film – Dr Ian Malcolm, John Hammond, Dr Ellie Sattler and Dr Alan Grant. The last of these provides the highest standard payout of
13,33 times your stake for 5 of on a full payline.
Jurassic Park Slot (Microgaming): Features
The Jurassic Park film was full of excitement and thrills, which is exactly the kind of aura that the Microgaming slot tries to capture. And it does this exceptionally well, too. In fact, you’ll get to see the classic Jurassic Park logo symbol come into view on the reels and operate as a wild symbol. This means that it will substitute for any other standard symbol on the reels, helping you to create winning combinations. This symbol also appears in stacks, giving you more possibilities to form bigger and better wins.
The Jurassic Park slot also has a feature known as the T-Rex Alert. Whenever a T-Rex shows up, it will trigger this alert mode and your chances of winning will improve drastically, thanks to the arrival of 35 extra wilds on the reels. This mode becomes active for the duration of the six proceeding spins and the wild symbol remains stacked on all reels.
Three, four or five scatter symbols in view will trigger the Free Spins round. The game’s scatter is represented by the mosquito trapped in amber and once you have played the free spins round 25 times, you’re able to choose the specific feature round that you want. Until that time, you will play random free spins rounds. The feature modes available in the free spins mode of the game are as follows:
- Tyrannosaurus Rex Free Spins – You receive 12 free spins with the Wild Reels feature in action. This means that the T-Rex may show up at any time during the feature and turn up to five of the reels completely wild.
- Velociraptor Free Spins – You’re given a total of 12 free spins with Multiplier Wilds and Split Wilds in operation. Split Wilds will basically see a wild split into two and this can result in a six-of-a-kind win, which pays out double the amount of a five-of-a-kind win. Additionally, multiplier wilds will be in effect, which will multiply a win by four, five or six times.
- Triceratops Free Spins – 12 free spins are provided to you with Running Wilds in effect. This means that on every single free spin, the wild stack grows by a single wild per reel. On any non-winning spins, the full stacks of wilds will hold while partially stacked ones will nudge to form full stacks. The remaining reels will then re-spin once.
- Brachiosaurus Free Spins – Again, 12 free spins are given to you with a Mystery Multiplier feature. With this, all wins in the round will be multiplied by anywhere between times two and times six.
- Dilophosaurus Free Spins – The 12 free spins in this round have Winning Wilds attached to them. This sees the dilophosaurus turn random positions on the reels into wild symbols. These will remain held in position while contributing to any wins.
Jurassic Park Slot (Microgaming): Verdict
With the possibility of winning up to 6,333 times your stake from this slot, could there be any more of a reason to play it? Well, apart from the inclusion of Microgaming’s super graphics and base gameplay, as well as the inclusion of the dynamic and exciting features. The film will always be a classic, but if we’re talking about slots, then we’re certain that this offering will exist in much the same way.
Adding the scatter symbol and stacked wilds into the mix of things, as well as the variety of free spins and attached special features, Jurassic Park really does provide a thoroughly entertaining slot. On the whole, it’s one of those that will hook you from the first moment and keep you captivated throughout.